Netflix original, Virgin River is a series based on novels of the same name by author Robyn Carr. The series is about the nurse Melinda Monroe (Alexandra Breckenridge). In the plot, the protagonist moves to a small town in California and continues to struggle to forget the past. She wants to make a fresh start in California. But she soon realizes that life in this remote place is more difficult than she imagines. She realizes that there are a lot of complications in the small town.
Here’s everything fans should know about the upcoming second season of Virgin River.
Virgin River Season 2: Cast
We expect a lot of the cast to return for season two. Those will be:
- Alexandra Breckenridge in the role of Melinda “Mel” Monroe
- Martin Henderson in the character of Jack Sheridan
- Colin Lawrence playing the character of John “Preacher” Middleton
- Jenny Cooper as Joey Barnes
- Lauren Hammersley in the role of Charmaine Roberts
- Annette O’Toole as Hope McCrea
- Tim Matheson as Vernon “Doc” Mullins
Some new faces will also be starring in the second season of the Virgin River. These includes:
- Carmel Amit to play Jamie
- Keith MacKechnie as Nick
- Donald Heng in the role of George
- Steve Bacic as Wes
- Lane Edwards playing the character of Sheriff Duncan
- Thomas Nicholson as Leo Cavanagh
Virgin River Season 2: Release Date Updates
Virgin River was renewed for a second season. And, the filming for the second season was ongoing since September 9, 2019. The filming ended on December 17, 2019. Therefore, it was assumed that will have more episodes of ‘Virgin River’ in 2020. However, Netflix has not yet confirmed the official release date of the new season.
But, possibly the release of the second season will take place in the last quarter of the year i.e between October and December.